Research shows, prebiotics combined with probiotics “is a comprehensive weight loss strategy”. Studies consider these fatty acids, a secret weapon for wight loss. However, using them gets less attention due to the lack of knowledge about their importance to the body. They are non-digestible fibers that produce short chain fatty acids in the large intestine and “promote the growth of beneficial microorganisms in the gut”.
How bad the gut bacteria may affect the weight?
According to Jessica Moon, health writer and advocate. “The composition of your cut microbiota plays a role in metabolic processes which affect your weight. It regulates hormones that affect appetite and blood sugar and determines how energy is used in body”. To be more specific;
- Appetite: It is a struggle to control appetite when someone tries to lose weight. “Dysbiosiscauses a glitch that gets in the way of communication between your gut and brain. Bad bacteria suppress the action of two “satiety hormones”— Pancreatic YY (PYY) and glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1)— which perform specific weight-control functions”.
- Blood Sugar: “Dysbiosis makes it harder to maintain stable blood sugar levels. The hormones PYY and GLP-1 play a role here, too. Besides controlling appetite, they also help regulate insulin and blood glucose levels.
- Immune System: Our guts play a vital role in keeping our immune system healthy. It signals our immune system to distinguish between real threats, such as germs and perceived threats like allergies.
Prebiotics and probiotics for wight loss in women.
Base on research that shows that food containing probiotics and prebiotics may improve and treat certain conditions that concern women regarding their health.
Since prebiotics are specialized fiber, they stimulate the growth of healthy bacteria in the gut. However, probiotics are different, “they contain live organisms, usually specific strains of bacteria that directly add to the population of healthy microbes in your gut”. Probiotics help improving gastrointestinal and non-gastrointestinal tract illnesses “such as irritable bowel syndrome, candidiasis and other female urogenital tract conditions”. In addition, prebiotics are important in osteoporosis management, improve menopausal symptoms and reduce the beginning of certain cancers.
General benefits of prebiotics and probiotics for women.
- They keep organs healthy.
- They improve the gut health.
- They prevent urinary tract infections.
- They boost immunity.
- They restore good bacteria.
- They prevent traveler’s diarrhea.
- They improve fertility.
- They treat vaginal infections.
- They clear up skin problems.
- They boost digestion.
What type of food contain prebiotics and probiotics?
In many cases, people select diet rich in prebiotics and probiotics for weight loss. However, these type of fiber in general are hard to digest but are great to balance the healthy bacteria in our gut lining, which is the most essential part in human health. Many seek medical advice when certain health issue with our digestive system become noticeable. Doctors usually recommend taking prebiotics and probiotics to help balancing the bacteria in our gut, but also recommend diet with high fiber including some fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Also, yogurt, kefir, dark chocolate, apple cider vinegar, fermented foods (sauerkraut and kimchi) kombucha, fermented buttermilk and cheeses.
How does prebiotics and probiotics work in the process of losing wight?
The process of prebiotics and probiotics for weight loss is when the balanced bacteria break down nutrients and medications, protect against diseases caused by germs, keep the gut lining healthy and improve the immune system helps the body controlling metabolism. Probiotics are indigestive fibers, they naturally affect the metabolism by making one feels full faster so there is no room for caloric food.