Since supplements became available in 1940s people rushed to the market to supplement their body and to improve their health with these “magical pills”. However, the scientific research behind supplements remained limited up to the recent decades.
With only a little that was known about the effect of the ingredients and the process supplements go through, people still felt the need of taking supplements by noticing the positive changes that added to their health.
In addition to the limited choice in what was the best choice of supplements for each gender and how they can affect their overall health and lifestyle.
This applies to most of supplements such as nutrients, vitamins, fatty acids, and proteins; moving forward on botanical and other fermented ingredients which are considered best supplements for women now days which add positive effect to their quality of life.
What are the advantages and disadvantages in taking supplements for women?
Knowing that the best source of supplement is a balanced daily diet. However, in many cases people can have bad diet habits due to sicknesses or lack of food which can result in certain deficiencies.
Supplements are the first-choice people go to when they experience deficiency of certain vitamins or nutrients. Generally, I believe we all should take some vitamins and nutrients to obtain healthy functioning body.
The most important vitamins and nutrients that can be suggested for women are as follow:
- Iron: Promotes healthy pregnancy, increase energy, and better athletic performance. According to research, iron deficiency is most common in female athletes, and lack of iron leads to anemia.
- Calcium: Calcium plays efficient role for building bones, heart, muscle, blood clotting and normal cell function. Women are four times more vulnerable to osteoporosis than men when lacking calcium.
- Fish Oil:These special fats support healthy heart, joints, reduce inflammation and enhance brain operations. Lacking omega-3s fats can lower blood vessel health which lead to “circulating triglycerides” which can be the subject to increase the risk of heart diseases.
- Folate: It is important for our cells functioning for DNA making. Without DNA making, new cells and tissue such as skin and hair would be impossible.
- B vitamins: B vitamins are important for producing the energy needed to meet the demands of everyday life. Vitamins B6 and B12 reduce women’s risk of heart diseases and more.
- Vitamin D: Plays an important role in maintaining the overall health of the bones, and helps the body absorb calcium. D levels are important to prevent certain diseases such as osteoporosis.
- Lutein: Lutein is an antioxidant found mainly in the eyes to protect them against radical destruction and the results of (ARMD) that leads to blindness in elder women. Also, found in breast and cervical and skin tissue which makes it important to the health of such tissues.
Should women take supplements in their teens?
Healthy teenagers don’t need to take supplements if they eat well-balanced diet. In situations when they develop bad eating habits, or health issues that require certain supplements to prevent deficiencies, then taking supplements is the choice.
According to research, girls ages 9-13 need smaller amount of vitamins than older teens, and teens over age of 14 can take vitamins similar to those adults. It’s not recommended for teens to take any supplements without consulting a doctor.
What food best supplements women with all the nutrients the body needs?
- Vitamin Bs: wheat germ, pork, seafood, beans, rice, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, enriched products like breakfast cereals, organ meats, fortified grain products, dairy products, eggs and many more sources of food.
- Vitamin C: peppers, citrus fruits, strawberries, cantaloupe.
- Vitamin A: organ meats, cheese, and eggs, sweet potato, spinach, and carrots.
- Vitamin D: fatty fish like salmon and beef liver, milk.
- Vitamin E: wheat germ, sunflower seeds and oil, nuts, butter, spinach, and broccoli.
- Vitamin K: K2 is concentrated in animal foods such as natto and pork; K1 is concentrated in vegetables such as kale and collard greens.
Best supplements women pursue to combat signs of aging?
Anti-aging supplements are more in common now days than ever. The best food or supplements containing antioxidants is considered best in slowing the process of aging by reducing cellular damage.
In general researchers recommend avoiding food that aggravate “systemic inflammation.”
While there is not a magic supplement for the fountain of youth. The food and supplements that is rich in antioxidants might make a big difference. According to Serena Poon, chef, nutritionist, Reiki master says “antioxidants balance out the effects of free radicals, which are naturally created by your body but also come from environmental factors like pollution, chemicals, and smoke.”
She added, “If free radicals and antioxidants are out of balance in the body, it can cause oxidation stress, which plays a role in several age-related diseases such as arthritis, diabetes, dementia, cancer, atherosclerosis, vascular diseases, obesity, osteoporosis, and metabolic syndromes.”
Vitamin A: For healthy more youthful looking skin our body needs this fat-soluble vitamin. “It forms of active retinoid compounds both natural and biological acid. It is considered the most effective substances in slowing the aging process by stimulating collagen, treating acne and psoriasis, cellular turnover, and softening wrinkles.”
Vitamin C: Experts’ first recommendation for younger-looking skin. It helps collagen production by rebuilding damaged cells due to excessive exposure to the sun. According to MD Steven Gundry, “If you don’t have enough vitamin C in your body, that collagen doesn’t get remixed together, and you get those wrinkles and crevices.”
Vitamin D: The most essential element for bone building, energy, and mood levels. Based on latest foundation, “Aging is associated with a reduction of being able to synthesize vitamin D in the skin upon sun exposure,”
Vitamin B12: Doctors may recommend high doses or intramuscular shots if deficiency is presented which makes it one the important vitamins to the body in general especially for the energy level. Women worsen in absorbing B12 as we get older.
Coenzyme Q10: Energizes the skin by helping support the production of collagen. It is one of the most important ingredients in Anti-aging creams that fights wrinkles in the skin as we age.
Prebiotics and Probiotics: Prebiotics and probiotics balance microbiome that help reduce acne, eczema, dry skin, and wrinkles. They also reduce the risk of skin cancer linked to UV damage.
Calcium: It helps “intact skin barrier by keeping proper lipid (or fat) content in the surface cells.” Vitamin D helps calcium absorption in the gut. The older we get the absorption of the calcium declines due to vitamin D deficiency.
Omega 3: Hydrates the skin, soothes breakouts, minimize signs of aging and soften rough, dry skin. It’s fatty acids that serve to “regulate the skin’s oil production.”
Collagen: As we age our body produce less collagen which leads to signs of aging such as wrinkles and dry skin. Several studies have proven that taking collagen supplements can slow signs of aging that effect the entire body and preserves the skin elasticity.
Magnesium: Protect the skin form external damage. “It helps replenish skin with other essential minerals.” Daily balance of magnesium is important for our skin, muscles and nerve function.
L-Arginine: For healthier, smoother, tighter and wrinkle- free skin. These amino acids most be provided through certain diet or supplements if the person wants to experience anti-aging magic speed.
Mushroom and mushroom extract: Anti-aging properties and immunity. According to human study mushroom contain compounds called polyamines, as Gundry explains “Diets high in polyamines, have recently been shown in a human study to increase both health span and life span. So, eat your mushrooms, and take a mixed-mushroom supplement.”
Curcumin: known as turmeric, a bioactive component for anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. The Latest research are focused on the benefits of curcumin on the skin, such as skin glowing, heal wounds, acne scaring, and psoriasis.
Best Supplements women overall advice?
The best advice can be shared, is to add natural factors to daily lifestyle even if supplements are included.
Exercising is one of the most important factors that should be practiced daily. It helps reducing stress, releasing beneficial hormones and helps in the absorption of nutrients.
Consuming healthy regular meals is also essential to balance our diet to make sure our body gets all the nutrients needed to maintain better health.
Many daily habits/factors mess with the absorption of certain vitamins and nutrients. Since supplements marketplace is continuing increasing internationally, and the consumption of supplements is becoming part of our daily intakes, the demands for global quality supplements is rising. Therefore, we should be careful with our selections, know our body then decide.
BEST RATE FOR GOOD QUALITY: The links contained in this suggested product may result in a small commission if you opt to purchase the product recommended at no additional cost to you. Please know, we only recommend high quality products. FULL DISCLOSURE
Codeage Women’s Fermented Multivitamin offers 25+ daily vitamins and minerals in an all-in-one solution made with real whole foods, organic herbs, and fermented essential vitamins.
These daily vitamins for women also include boron, omega-3 from micro-algae, as well as probiotics and enzymes.
Codeage women’s daily vitamins include: Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Calcium, Iodine, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, COQ10, Omega 3, Boron ACC and more!
✓ 120 Capsules per bottle
✓ Real food, sprouted and fermented ingredients
✓ Enzyme-activated minerals
✓ Vegetarian capsules
✓ Raw Ingredients
✓ Non-GMO, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, soy free, keto friendly
✓ Free of carriers, fillers & artificial Ingredients
✓ Made in USA
Codeage places the highest priority on product quality. Codeage Women’s Fermented Multivitamin contains high-quality ingredients and is manufactured in the USA in a cGMP facility.